Sunday, March 10, 2019

I am a Farmer by Baptiste & Miranda Paul - ADVISABLE


BUYING ADVISORY: EL, MS - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: LOW

Tantoh has always been curious about the whys and hows about growing things.  Eventually he is able to go to college and then travel all over Cameroon helping people in small villages do big things and small things to help make their lives better. 

As interesting and important I find Tantoh’s story – especially because he is a young man who is still making a difference in Cameroon, the writing is so stiff that this is almost impossible to read aloud to a class at any level.  I want to share this with my middle school science teachers, but I know they will also find it forced.  

Cindy, Middle School Librarian, MLS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...