Tuesday, March 19, 2019

I Love My Colorful Nails by Acosta and Amavisca - ESSENTIAL

I Love My Colorful Nails by Alicia Acosta and Luis Amavisca, illustrated by Gusti.  PICTURE BOOK.  NubeOcho, 2019.  $16. 9788417123598

BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K, EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Ben loves to paint his nails bright, beautiful colors, but when some other boys at school tease him about his painted nails, he stops and gets sadder and sadder.

My son loved painting his toenails when he was young and I actually have no idea why he stopped.  A gentle message about bullying with a hopeful note of encouragement and support.

Cindy, Middle School Librarian, MLS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...