Monday, January 18, 2021

Boogie Boogie Yall by C G Esperanza - OPTIONAL

Boogie Boogie Yall by C. G. Esperanza
. PICTURE BOOK. Harper, AUGUST 2021. $19. 9780062976222 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - OPTIONAL 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: LOW 

Except for a couple of kids, no one notices he art on the walls, subway, park of the city – until the art joins in during a block party. Esperanza celebrates the art and energy of graffiti. 

I love well done graffiti, but I couldn’t love this book. I thought the text would be like a hip-hop beat, but as hard as I tried, I couldn’t find a rhythm to grab onto. Kids will love looking at the bright illustrations, but don’t try reading this aloud.

 Cindy, Library Teacher, MLS 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...