Thursday, February 21, 2019

Into the Jungle by Matt Forbeck - ADVISABLE

Into the Jungle by Matt Forbeck, 122 pages. Candlewick Entertainment, 2018. $8.99

Language: G (0 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content: G; Violence: PG

BUYING ADVISORY: EL – ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

You are the main character of this story, and you have a lot of difficult decisions to make as you try to accomplish the task you left the comfort of your home for -- find Artus Cimber and the Ring of Winter he has. While you are in an unfamiliar land surrounded by unfamiliar creatures, your adventure will never be boring as you stick to your task, willing to risk death for the chance of your success!

Choose your own adventure books are the video games of literature. Having the opportunity to insert myself as a character of the book is a unique experience, and I enjoy the feeling I have of being more invested in the story. I deliberate over decisions as I attempt a two-fold mission: stay true to what I would do in real life and make decisions that will allow me to live in the end. Good luck, adventurer!

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...