Thursday, September 23, 2021

Sweater Weather by Matt Phelan - ADVISABLE

Sweater Weather by Matt Phelan.
PICTURE BOOK Greenwillow Books (Harper Collins), 2021. $18. 978-0062934147 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - ADVISABLE 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE 

Papa Bear has knitted sweaters for all of the cubs - 7 of them. But when the weather gets cooler and it's time for the cubs to put them on, it's quite an ordeal! 

Mostly pictures with occasional text, Matt Phelan tells more with his illustrations than words could ever convey.  Such a delightful book - oh I loved all the little cubs. When they are all outside making fog with their breath !!!  I'm certain that children, sweater wearers or not, will really enjoy this, and I'm showing my knitting friends as well. I hope Greenwillow considers publishing this in Board Book, as the limited text makes it a perfect book for babies.  I also loved that Papa Bear was a knitter!

Lisa Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...