Thursday, September 30, 2021

My Mother’s Delightful Deaths by Carla Haslbauer - OPTIONAL

My Mother’s Delightful Deaths by Carla Haslbauer
. PICTURE BOOK. North South, NOV 2021. $18. 9780735844568 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL - OPTIONAL 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: LOW 

The children’s mother is an opera singer and she best roles are the ones where she dies, so dies on stage many different ways day after day, year after year. 

As an adult, I found this reasonably funny. I am flummoxed how I would use this with children. Maybe it makes more sense in a city like NYC where the chances of having opera singers as parents is more likely? The illustrations have an odd abstract/unfinished look to them that I couldn’t connect to. 

Cindy, Library Teacher, MLS 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...