Monday, August 2, 2021

A Giant Mess by Jeffrey Ebbeler - ADVISABLE

A Giant Mess by Jeffrey Ebbeler.
EARLY READER. Holiday House, 2020. $20. 9780823446391 

BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K, EL (K-3) – ADVISABLE 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH 

Molly gets a taste of her own medicine when a giant thinks that she is one of HIS toys. Will she learn her lesson and keep her own room clean? 

While I, as an adult, found this book choppy and ridiculous, my third grade students had the following to say: "I liked it because I can totally relate," "This was decent because it had a fair plot," "I liked it because is was a good lesson to learn," and three "I liked it because it was really funny." 

Keri, elementary school teacher and her third grade students 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...