Sunday, September 1, 2019

I Love my Dragon by Jodi Moore –OPTIONAL


I Love my Dragon by Jodi Moore. BOARD BOOK. Flashlight Press, 2019. $8.  9781947277304

BUYING ADVISORY: PRE-K -OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Based on the book When a Dragon Moves in, this board book features what it's like to have a dragon in the family. The young boy that's the main character shares music, reading, and trips to the beach with his dragon. It also shows them taking care of the new baby brother.

The illustrations in this book are wonderful and appealing to young readers. This is a sweet book for  fans of the original book, but the dragon could almost be filled in as a dog except for the page when the dragon takes the boy flying. Other than that the things they do together aren't unique to the dragon. I still prefer the book Me and my Dragon by David Biedrzycki, in this book the dragon interaction ways that only a dragon can.

Reviewer: Stephanie MLS & Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...