Friday, September 6, 2019

Are you my Monster? by Amanda Noll –Not Recommended


Are you my Monster by Amanda Noll. BOARD BOOK. Flashlight Press, 2019. $9.  9781947277328

BUYING ADVISORY: PRE-K -NO

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

This book follows in the footsteps of her 2009 book, I Need My Monster, this book features the same monster and the same characters. But in this board book, a boy has a crayon drawing of his monster and on each page compares it to a monster to see if its his. He has a checklist and readers go through it on each and every page.

I am a big fan of the original book, those I will admit, with a cringe, that it made several first graders cry (real tears of fear) the first time I read it to a group (after that I stuck with second grade, which loved it!). But this book, in its board book format is way too young to intro the monster under the bed thing to young readers. Also its like a chore, going through the check list page after page, a story would be more engaging.

Reviewer: Stephanie MLS & Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...