Thursday, March 16, 2023

What if, Pig? by Linzie Hunter - ADVISABLE

What if, Pig?
by Linzie Hunter.
PICTURE BOOK HarperCollins. 2021. $20. 9780062986092 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - ADVISABLE 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE 

Everyone likes Pig. He has all the best qualities, he is kind and generous. Pig has even planned a party and invited everyone, but, what Pig's friends don't know is that Pig is a Worrier! He's planned this party, but now all he can think about are the what if's? What if something goes wrong? What if everyone has a terrible time? What if no one comes? Pig is so worried he's ready to cancel the party. But Pig has a friend: Mouse. And Mouse has a great idea! 

Oh dear, I think I'm just like Pig! I'm a worrier, too! Oh how I wish I'd had this book when I was a kid. Hunter's illustrations are whimsical and the story is so cute! I loved the "What if" thought spiral and all the other animals telling Pig their worries. (I'm worried that I said too much, or too little, or that you might not like this review.) 

Lisa Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...