Monday, March 20, 2023

Lou by Breanna Carzoo - ESSENTIAL

Lou by Breanna Carzoo
. PICTURE BOOK. Harper, 2022. $18. 9780063054059 B

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH 

Lou the fire hydrant believes his purpose is to be a toilet. Every day, all day, that is how he is used. Then, an emergency happens and Lou remembers, if but a bit slowly, the greatness he is actually meant for. 

Poor Lou is so adorable. I love that I was so fixated on Lou that I completely missed the background drama. But I could begin again and really appreciate the illustrations the second time. Kids, of course, will giggle with delight at the pee talk – as did I. 

Cindy Mitchell, Library Teacher, MLS https://www.kingsenglish.com/book/9780063054059

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...