Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Believe: A Pop-Up Book of Possibilities by Robert Sabuda – OPTIONAL

Believe: A Pop-Up Book of Possibilities by Robert Sabuda. BOARD BOOK. Candlewick, 2019. $28.  9780763663971

BUYING ADVISORY: PRE-K –OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

This book is a shout-out to achieving goals, standing tall, and aiming high. It features surprising large white pop-ups of ships, rockets, birds in flight, and a giant castle!

“I will strive for my goals and savor the outcome” “When I build my life I will reach high” (pop-up shows a giant castle). As a new parent (and maybe this is generational) but these statements are not exactly what I have in mind for my little one and vaguely make me think very ambitious parents who want to see their child stand taller than all others.  I am more along the lines of seek happiness, be kind, be adventurous, care for our planet, don’t give up. That being said, the pop-ups themselves are shockingly big for such a small book. I think young readers would like them, but the white only color scheme for the pop-ups wouldn’t be as interesting as color versions.

Reviewer: Stephanie MLS & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...