Thursday, November 22, 2018

I Like My Car by Michael Robertson - OPTIONAL

I Like My Car by Michael Robertson. EARLY READER. Holiday House, 2018. $16. 9780823439515

BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K, EL (K-3) - OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVEAGE

A series of animals ride by in different brightly colored cars and the text says, “I like my blue car,” for example, in the case of the blue car. This is an “I Like to Read” level B book. 

The illustrations are bright and very engaging. I do not think this book will develop the reading skills of students since after the first page you could look at the illustrations to know what the sentence says. There is no variation in sentence structure. 


Jen Wecker, HS English Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...