Monday, June 24, 2024

My Poet by Patricia MacLachlan - OPTIONAL

My Poet by Patricia MacLachlan, illustrated by Jen Hill
. PICTURE BOOK. Katherine Tegen Books (Harper), 2022. $18. 9780062971142

BUYING ADVISORY: EL - OPTIONAL

APPEALS TO: SOME

A young girl takes a walk with a poet. With notebook and pen in hand, they explore Cape Cod together and write down words into the notebook. It's important to use all of your senses when exploring the world. At the end of the walk, can the girl use the words that she has gathered to write her own poetry?

This book was inspired and written as a tribute to the poet Mary Oliver. I liked the idea of the book, but it didn't pull me in. My daughter and I thought it was a little boring. It seemed like not a lot was happening in the plot.

Reviewer: A. Criswell, English Language Arts teacher 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...