Wednesday, March 10, 2021

My Best Friend by Rob Hodgson - OPTIONAL


My Best Friend
by Rob Hodgson
. PICTURE BOOK. Frances Lincoln Children’s Books (The Quarto Group), 2020. $19. 9780711248342

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - OPTIONAL 


AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE


A mouse is delighted that he has made friends with an owl. They play chase and hide and seek and it is clear from the pictures that the owl is not being friendly and the mouse is misinterpreting the situation. 


Honestly, this book felt a little uncomfortable to me. The pictures are bright and on the surface it is a funny story, but I kept getting perpetrator and victim vibes. It felt to me like it turned a victim into a fool, which did not settle well. 


Jen Wecker, HS English Teacher


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...