Thursday, October 4, 2018

This is My Eye : A New York Story by Neela Vaswani - ADVISABLE

This is My Eye : A New York Story by Neela Vaswani Photography Candlewick Press, 2018. $17. 763676160

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) EL , MS - ADVISABLE 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH 

A photographic experience looking at the city of New York through the eyes of a nine-year-old. Colors, shapes, places, views "it's not what you look at, it's what you see" The photographs are not taken by a nine-year-old, they are as the photographer felt a nine-year-old would envision NYC. 

I would like to give this to my art teacher, middle school students could learn about perspective and point of view. The pictures are stunning and beautiful. It makes me want to make a photographic book about my city! 

Lisa Librarian 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...