Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Dinosuar Parade by Shari Halpern - ADVISABLE

Dinosaur Parade by Shari Halpern. BOARD BOOK. Christy Ottaviano Books (Henry Holt & Co.), 2018. $8.
9781250155245

BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

This is a colorful and fun board book about dinosaurs. A young boy creates a dinosaur parade with his toy dinosaurs, and in doing so introduces the reader to a whole variety of different dinosaurs.

Had I read and reviewed this book entirely on my own I'd have rated it optional. The rhyming cadence is poor and trying to read (in quasi-rhyme) while stopping every line to say the name of a dinosaur is really annoying. But since I read and reviewed this with my toddler--and she cannot get enough of this book!--I'd have to say the appeal is obviously there for the intended audience. I do like the color palate used, and its fun to have a board book with such a good connection to actual science. Its a bear to read out loud, but still a fun board book kids will love.

Reviewer: TC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...