Wednesday, December 19, 2018

I Need a Hug by Aaron Blabey - ESSENTIAL


I Need a Hug by Aaron Blabey.  PICTURE BOOK.  Scholastic Press, February 2019.  $15.  9781338297102

BUYING ADVISORY:  Pre-K - ESSENTIAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL:  HIGH

Porcupine asks creature after creature for a hug, but no one seems to want to oblige.  When he meets a snake who just wants a kiss, the pair may have found a solution for both of their problems.

I don’t know if you’ve met I Want  A Hug by John A. Rowe, a book with a similar theme, but I think both books are great read aloud choices.  Blabey’s artistic flair and sparse text work wonders to convey the heartfelt story.

Cindy, Middle School Librarian, MLS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...