Saturday, December 1, 2018

Gillbert the Little Merman by Art Baltazar - OPTIONAL

Gillbert the Little Merman by Art Baltazar, 82 pages. GRAPHIC NOVEL. Papercutz, 2018 $10
Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: G

BUYING ADVISORY: EL –OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Gillbert is an undersea prince. He meets a little mermaid girl and she takes him on an amazing adventure to meet some new friends. In the meantime his parents hatch a new little sea creature (from space) and discover that other, not so friendly creatures from space are on their way.

This story is overly long for the plot elements, and I found myself fairly bored. Its plot was very linear and would be easy for a young reader to follow. The artwork is simply and vivid. I must say that I probably wouldn’t pick this up for my school library, it just reminds me of a cranked out cartoon, loud and busy. I tend to gravitate spending limited funds on higher quality graphic novels.

Reviewer: Stephanie MLS & Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...