Sunday, June 7, 2020

The Worst Book Ever by Elise Gravel - ADVISABLE

The Worst Book Ever by Elise Gravel. PICTURE BOOK. Enfant, 2019. $18. 9781770463639           


BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - ADVISABLE          


AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE


I opened it and thought, I fell into a Mo Willems book since there were hot dogs everywhere.  Gravel is a great illustrator and her characters have charm even when they are gross.  The story of Putrick the Prinse is one of potty humor and grody little creatures.  Can he save Prinsess Barbarotte?  Will she take her finger out of her nose?  Will King Pubert save the day?  The narrator spider made me smile.     


For lovers of Captain Underpants, this book will be a hit.  I love Elise Gravel's other work which is fun and interesting.  If Found, Please Return to Elise Gravel is charming.  The potty jokes are wasted on me alas and I was glad when this tome concluded.  Many of my students would love the book, however, it would damage their spelling skills.  I know many who would risk it.


Michele E., Library Tech Teacher                                                               


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...