Friday, June 12, 2020

I Want My Dad! by Tony Ross - ESSENTIAL


I Want My Dad! by Tony Ross. Illustrated by Tony Ross. PICTURE BOOK. Andersen Press USA, 2018. $18. 9781541514539.


BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K, EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL

AUDIENCE: HIGH

I Want My Dad! is about a little princess who wishes her dad was more like other dads. She wished that he could swim, bake, and many other things, the way other dads did. She then discovered that she did not enjoy those things either, and that her dad is exactly who she needs, exactly how he is.

I Want My Dad! has simple text and colorful artistry. It teaches excellent values, such as not comparing people. It teaches children that it is important to try new things, but it isn’t necessarily important to be excellent at everything you try the first time. It has a wide range of appeal, in that parents can read it to very young children, and then they can begin reading and enjoying it themselves as they grow.

Reviewer: AR/SL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...