Friday, December 29, 2023

I Love My Magic by Kelly Leigh Miller - ADVISABLE

I Love My Magic
by Kelly Leigh Miller PICTURE BOOK Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2023. $19. 9781534497696 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - ADVISABLE 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE 

Willow loves her sparkly, fun and useful magic that helps her with everything. When she uses her magic to cheat and win a soccer game, she gets her wand taken away. Willow is miserable not being able to use magic. What will she have to learn to get her wand back? 

I Love My Magic! is cute and whimsical. I appreciated the underlying theme that it is always wrong to cheat. Miller's illustrations are colorful, amusing and tell a fun story. 

PGPowers 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...