Sunday, October 22, 2023

I am Made of Mountains by Alexandra S.D. Hinrichs and Vivian Mineker - ADVISABLE

I am Made of Mountains: An Ode to National Parks - The Landscapes of Us
by Alexandra S.D. Hinrichs, illustrated by Vivian Mineker.
PICTURE BOOK Charlesbridge, 2023. $19. 9781623542603 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3), EL - ADVISABLE 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE 

16 different National Parks are celebrated each with a short lyrical poem and a few quick facts. I am made of ... begins each poem, and in very few words Hinrichs introduces the park. Her poems are lovely and poetic. A nice tribute to our beautiful places. Mineker's illustrations are so fun and include multicultural children and their families. I'm sure we will see this soon in (at least 16 of) the National Parks. I love it! I loved the endpapers which show where all the national parks are, too. 

Lisa Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...