Wednesday, January 5, 2022

My Pet Goldfish by Catherine Rayner - OPTIONAL

My Pet Goldfish by Catherine Rayner
. PICTURE BOOK. Candlewick, 2021. $18. 9781536215205 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) – OPTIONAL 

 AUDIENCE APPEAL: LOW 

The 4yo child gets a goldfish as a pet and with the help of an older neighbor they learn how to care for it. 

I think the author is the only 4yo in the history of the world who managed to keep a goldfish alive longer than a week. I enjoyed the illustrations, but even with the goldfish facts sprinkled in, I can’t see it as a re-read. It is a nice alternative to a Care-And-Feeding goldfish book. 

Cindy, Library Teacher, MLS 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...