Sunday, January 30, 2022

Have You Ever Seen a Flower by Shawn Harris - OPTIONAL

Have You Ever Seen a Flower by Shawn Harris
PICTURE BOOK Chronicle Books, 2021. $18. 9781452182704 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - OPTIONAL 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE 

A child sees flowers - through all the senses, even her imagination, even becoming the flower! 

Have You Ever Seen a Flower is all about the illustrations. Drawn with brightly colored pencils and a mix of colors, I kept thinking about my art teacher and how Harris uses negative space as both shapes and outlines. I found the colors overwhelming, and the text - well, I liked the idea but I don't think it hit the mark.

Lisa Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...