Sunday, February 23, 2020

Badger and the Big Adventure by Suzanne Chiew and Caroline Pedler - OPTIONAL


BUYING ADVISORY: EL - OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

When a little bird gets hurt on her winter migration, Badger takes in her and her friends for the season.  When spring rolls around it takes special effort to reunite the birds with their flock.

Hmm.  I wanted to like this more than I did.  I saw the cover with the flying machine on it, but as I was reading I wanted Badger to help the bird build up her strength – not take her up there in a flying machine. It seemed like an incongruous choice – if the bird couldn’t fly around Badger’s house, how would flying her up into the air make a difference?

Cindy Mitchell, Library Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...