Wednesday, April 28, 2021

I'm not Cute, I'm Dangerous by Bruna De Luca and Benedetta Capriotti - ADVISABLE

I'm not Cute, I'm Dangerous
by Bruna De Luca and Benedetta Capriotti.
PICTURE BOOK Maverick (Lerner), 2021. $18. 9781848867062 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - ADVISABLE 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE 

Fifi was hatched a fluffy crocodile. No matter how sharp her teeth, or how sneaking, she's just so cute! So, she tried to be spiky, but it rained, and the wind made her fluffy. So she sank into the swamp to practice sneaking, but the mud made her softer. Frustrated with the teasing, Fifi runs away, only to discover her cuteness attracts lots of animals. Perhaps she can use her looks to her advantage. Maybe she is dangerous! 

I really liked Fifi's problem - too cute. The illustrations were adorable and funny. Not sure I appreciated the ending, thank heaven it was only implied, but I supposed it's to be expected as Fifi is a crocodile.

Lisa Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...