Friday, March 22, 2024

Where Do Ocean Creatures Sleep at Night? by Steven J. Simmons, Clifford R. Simmons and Ruth E. Harper - OPTIONAL

Where Do Ocean Creatures Sleep at Night?
by Steven J. Simmons and Clifford R. Simmons, illustrated by Ruth E. Harper.
PICTURE BOOK NON-FICTION Charlesbridge, 2024. $18. 9781623542979 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - OPTIONAL 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE 

As the title states, the Simmons tell us about several ocean dwellers and how they sleep. 

I wonder if the authors were going for a bedtime story feel to their book? The text is set in rhyming couplets, which does not work for me. As a book I want to use to engage young students - I don't want to put them to sleep, usually. I would love this material without the rhyming. 

Cindy, MS Librarian, MLS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...