Monday, March 11, 2024

Small Places Close To Home by Deborah Hopkinson and Kate Gardiner - ADVISABLE

Small Places Close To Home: A Children's Declaration of Rights by Deborah Hopkinson illustrated by Kate Gardiner
PICTURE BOOK Balzer + Bray, 2023. $19. 9780063092587 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3), EL - ADVISABLE 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH 

I am part of my family and the human family. I am equal with every other person in the world and deserve to live in freedom and peace no matter what I look like or my many other differences. Do I have a right to dream for a better life? 

Hopkinson captures in text a conversation that should ring true in all of our hearts. The rights of children do begin in small places, close to home, and it is up to each one of us to ensure those rights for others. The illustrations are stunningly beautiful, graphic, and charming. This would be a great book to have in all libraries and at home. All ethnicities are represented. 

PGPowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...