Tuesday, June 4, 2019

I thought I Saw A Dinosaur! By Lydia Nichols- ESSENTIAL


I Thought I Saw A Dinosaur! By Lydia Nichols, BOARD BOOK. Candlewick Press, 2018. $8. 9780763699451

BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K - ESSENTIAL
AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

I Thought I Saw A Dinosaur! is an interactive book focusing on playing a game of hide-and-seek. There are very few pages due to the complex nature of creating the hide and seek mechanisms but well worth the price! This is a unique book unlike any other I have read.  Children use a “dial” or slider on each page to move the dinosaur into view. The dinosaur is a bright green neon color that makes hunting easy and fun.

Nichols creates a  perfect combination of fun and learning  Not only will children love looking for the dinosaur, each page has multiple illustrations that could be used to reinforce counting and some color recognition.  I can see parents spending many hours with this fun interactive board book. 

Reviewer: SL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...