Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Cat Dog Dog : The Story of a Blended Family by Nelly Buchet and Andrea Zuill - ESSENTIAL

Cat Dog Dog : The Story of a Blended Family by Nelly Buchet, illustrated by Andrea Zuill PICTURE BOOK Schwartz & Wade Books (Penguin Random House), 2020. $18. 9781984848994

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH 

He has a dog, she has a dog and a cat. When he moves in with her, suddenly there is a "blended family" and the three pets must learn to get along with each other. Nearly wordless, the pets are identified by name dog cat dog, and the occasional distraction of a bird or frog.

I am a pet owner - in fact I have a cat and 2 dogs, so I completely relate to this story. The food protecting, the toy sharing - or not, the sniffing, the trouble oh my! I loved the illustrations - whimsical and fun - you can see the personality of each pet, some of the situations made me laugh out loud. Blended family? You better believe it! 

Lisa Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...