Friday, January 10, 2020

I Like My Bike by AG Ferrari- ADVISABLE

I Like My Bike by AG Ferrari. PICTURE BOOK. Holiday House, 2019. $16. 9780823440986

BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K, EL (K-3)- ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

I Like My Bike is a guided reading Level A picture book that will delight new readers. “ I like my…” is the repetitive wording followed by modes of transportations such as a bike, car, van and bus.  A young girl enjoys riding her bike throughout the city and to the park for a birthday party.  She sees many other drivers getting to their destination in various vehicles. Each page is filled with one huge vehicle as well as the tiny girl riding on her bike towards the party. Her little dog is riding in her basket, also sporting a bike helmet. 

The illustrations in I Like My Bike tell a story far more detailed than the simple wording on each page.  In addition to the repetitive wording of “I like my…” young readers will finish the book having a sense of pride as they realize they accomplished reading a story with a plot.  The illustrations are fantastic.  A lion with windblown hair and a tiger reading a book will create opportunities for discussion and enjoyment. 

Reviewer: SL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...