Monday, September 28, 2020

Put Yourself in My Shoes by Susanna Isern and Mylene Rigaudie - OPTIONAL

Put Yourself in My Shoes by Susanna Isern, illustrated by Mylene Rigaudie
. PICTURE BOOK. NubeOcho, 2020. $16. 9788417673376 

BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K, EL (K-3) - OPTIONAL 

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE 

Cricket is preoccupied with his own problems and brushes off each of his friends as they appeal to him for help as he rushes by. When he is in turn need of their help, thankfully they come through for him, teaching him an important lesson. 

 The illustrations are adorable, the lesson is very apt, but I had such a hard time with Cricket (just as I am supposed to, I know), that I have a hard time loving this. This is a translated book and I wonder if the translator was more literal than was advisable for that one phrase the cricket keeps repeating – “I don’t think they’re that important”. 

Cindy, Library Teacher, MLS 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...