Saturday, November 26, 2022

Emily and the Field by Kevin Young and Chioma Ebinama - ESSENTIAL

Emile and the Field by Kevin Young, illustrated by Chioma Ebinama
. PICTURE BOOK. Make Me a World, 2022. $18. 9781984850423

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Emile is a young boy who delights in the nature and a field close by. He loves having to himself and marvels at the beauty, the plants, the bees and the peace in nature.

When I was growing up, I lived by the edge of the forests that surround Oslo. I spent countless hours in the forests, enjoying the peace, the solitude and beauty of nature. If I was not exploring and enjoying the forest, I was exploring and enjoying the tundra, on Hardanger Vidda. I loved going alone and enjoyed nature by myself. A lot of children living in big cities never have a chance to enjoy wide open spaces. I loved reading this book, and I thought how important it is to expose children to nature. I highly recommend this book. The illustrations and beautiful and dreamlike. Such a treat to read this book. I will treasure it for a long time.

Ellen-Anita, Librarian 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...