Monday, October 5, 2026

Spooky Scouts by Kimberly Shrack - ADVISABLE

Spooky Scouts by Kimberly Shrack. PICTURE BOOK. McElderry (Simon), 2026. $20. 9798347101184

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3) - ADVISABLE

APPEALS TO: SEVERAL

Luna, a wolf and the other Spooky Scouts are ready for their big campout. But tonight is a full moon and Luna is worried that her embarrassing secret will be exposed. 

Okay, I really did love the book a lot.  The other Spooky Scouts are great about accepting Luna and sharing their own secrets. BUT if Luna is a werewolf, shouldn’t she be human most of the time and then turn into a wolf during the full moon?  I don’t see that being wolfish most of the time would make you a good candidate for the Spooky Scouts. But I can accept the logical fallacy and enjoy the book for what it is. 

Cindy, Middle School Librarian, MLS



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...