Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Carrots Make Me Suspicious by Robin Mitchell Cranfield - ADVISABLE

Carrots Make Me Suspicious
by Robin Mitchell Cranfield
. PICTURE BOOK Greystone, 2026. $25. 9781778403187 

BUYING ADVISORY: PRE-K, EL (K-3), EL - ADVISABLE 

APPEALS TO: SEVERAL 

This bunny is a selective eater. He won’t even try carrots - too noisy, too crunchy. He prefers quiet food like yogurt and bananas. But when he’s curious, his mother suggests a different method than tasting. So the bunny starts an investigation. 

There is a lot to love about this book. I loved how the parents encouraged him and answered questions but didn’t force the bunny to try a carrot until he was ready and on his own terms. I love that his investigation reveals a lot of different facts about carrots, and I came away with two recipes. 

Lisa Librarian 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...