BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3), EL - ADVISABLE
APPEALS TO: SEVERAL
There is so much for the little witch to do before she can knit a ghost. First, her supplies and a cup of tea, a comfy chair, and some stretching - be sure to feed the cat and feed herself. At last, she can knit a ghost! But are the real ghosts helping or hindering?
I loved this! Illustrator Brockman Lee has incorporated photographs of yard and knitting, and everything is accurate. The details in the illustrations are clever and worth looking for - her knitting instruction book says it includes a potion for getting cat hair out - I need that! 10yo AJ read it too and was thoroughly delighted; the cat added to the funny illustrations. Includes basic instructions on how to cast on and how to knit. When I finish this review, I'm grabbing my needles and finding some yarn and knitting a ghost for myself.
Lisa Librarian

No comments:
Post a Comment