A Family of Readers by Rob Sanders, illustrated by Gabbie Benda. PICTURE BOOK Charlesbridge/Imagine, 2026. $18. 9781623546472
BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3), EL - ADVISABLE
APPEALS TO: SEVERAL
The public library can be a busy place, so from the moment the family arrives there's always something going on. Old men reading the newspaper, women in a book club, cooks and mechanics discussing their latest project, even a group of actors who have come to put on a show for pre-schoolers. The family finds a quiet place just perfect for them.
Told in verse, I found this story delightful. It's just like my local library with so much going on no matter when you arrive. I love how all the things somehow floated back to the family and their needs. I'm not sure kids will love this as much as I do but for a librarian, this was a perfect read. Buying a copy for myself and a couple of friends, too. The family was white, but the library was full of a mix of cultures and races.
Lisa Librarian

No comments:
Post a Comment