Friday, October 17, 2008

My Chincoteague Pony by Susan Jeffers - ESSENTIAL

Jeffers, Susan My Chincoteague Pony. PICTURE BOOK. Hyperion, 2008.

EL - ESSENTIAL

A little girl wants a pony of her own and raises the money for the Chincoteague auction. She doesn't have quite enough money and the ponies are all gone, except one is returned and strangers start handing her cash so that she can fulfill her dream. I read Marguerite Henry's Chincoteague books many years ago.

When I picked this picture book up, I had no idea that I would be so affected (tears in my eyes) by a pink book with glitter on the cover. But horsey girls and not so horsey gilrs all over the world will adore this story. The author's forward is also a must read, as well as her own letter from Ms. Henry.

Cindy, Library-Teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...