Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Forest en Familia/El Bosque en Familia by Cynthia Harmony and Renata Galindo - ADVISABLE

Forest en Familia/El Bosque en Familia
by Cynthia Harmony, illustrated by Renata Galindo
. PICTURE BOOK Yosemite Conservancy, 2026. $18. 9781951179397 

BUYING ADVISORY: EL - ADVISABLE 

APPEALS TO: SOME 

Emilia and her family are going to a "Forest and Family" day in the national park. They've packed a lunch and snacks, sunscreen, water bottles, binoculars, and a compass. Nico, Emilia's brother, is very excited, but she's not sure she will fit in in the Great Outdoors. Much to her surprise, there's so much to do and see! 
Written in both Spanish and English, I really liked that the English had familiar Spanish words and phrases, while the Spanish contained English words and phrases. I can see this book being offered in a national park gift shop - no surprise its publisher is Yosemite Conservancy, a nonprofit supporting the park. That said, it's a cute story and fits any national park visit. The children are experiencing nature- trees, birds, bugs, animals all in a day trip. I loved the Ranger they got their map from - just an illustration, but no question they were at a national park. I'm impressed, but probably a better souvenir than a library book. The family is Hispanic/Latino 

Lisa Librarian 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Kiss the Book Jr.!

Welcome! Kiss the Book Jr. is for board books, picture books, early readers, and chapter books.  Also, any novels and non-fiction that we ag...